You are here
How it Works
For use in enclosed areas.
Condensation and moisture in the air can damage and even destroy family photos, documents, guns, optical equipment, electronics, jewelry, medicines, pharmaceutics, food, seeds, bulbs, horse tack, leather, batteries, cameras, telescopes, video equipment, coin and stamp collections and other collectibles, computers, and tools.
Most moisture damage to stored valuables and supplies is caused by humidity trapped in a storage area, which turns into almost imperceptible condensation. Hydrosorbent Dehumidifiers drink up excess moisture to create a protective shield of dry air. They prevent condensation in enclosed areas which can cause irreparable damage: rust, corrosion, tarnish, oxidation, mildew, fungus, mold, odor, spoilage, spotting, and stains.
Used in enclosed storage areas, our dehumidifiers work night and day, yet need no electricity. Hydrosorbent units come with built-in indicators which change color when the silica gel is saturated with moisture. They can then be easily reactivated in any conventional oven and re-used for lifetime protection.
Hydrosorbent Dehumidifiers come in five different sizes to protect storage areas from just three cubic feet all the way up to 66 cubic feet of enclosed space.
The more tightly enclosed and vapor-proof you can make the storage area being protected, the better! Otherwise, your silica gel will "drink up" moisture from other areas of the house, or from outdoors, becoming saturated and requiring more frequent reactivation. Do your best to make the protected area as vapor-proof as possible.
Position your Hydrosorbent unit on an exposed surface anywhere within the enclosed area to be protected.
When you first use a Hydrosorbent Dehumidifier, it may become saturated rather quickly as it "drinks up" residual moisture. Once the residual dampness is removed by reactivation, you can maintain a dry condition with less frequent need to reactivate the silica gel.
Silica gel has been the drying agent of choice by government and industry since World War II. All Hydrosorbent silica gel dehumidifiers are manufactured to the highest specifications. Inert, non-toxic, and safe to use, our silica gel remains dry to the touch even when saturated. And once saturated, it can be easily reactivated in any conventional oven, for lifetime protection -- buy it once, use it forever.